Thank you to our grade 6 students leaders who dropped off 256 kg (560 lbs) of food items. We are grateful for your generosity. Thank you also to our parents who transported the items and accompanied the students to the Food Bank.
Demonstration of Learning
Teachers will be hosting a Demonstration of Learning in their classrooms on Thursday, December 6th from 1:30-4:30 pm and 5:30-7:30 pm. We look forward to seeing all our families attend.
Families of students in Kindergarten to grade 5 will be asked to sign up for a time to visit the classroom. You will receive a sign-up link by email next week to reserve a time. Grade 6 students will be participating in student-led conferences. Grade 6 families will receive a sign-up link by email next week to reserve a time.
Please note that classrooms will be closed between 4:30 – 5:30 pm for a staff supper break.
Book fair volunteers
Our Scholastic Book Fair will be taking place during our Demonstration of Learning. We are looking for volunteers between November 29 and December 7th to help with various roles: set-up, sales and packing up displays. The Book Fair allows the school to earn credits toward the purchase of books and materials for the classrooms and library. The event relies on parent volunteers to make it happen. Please contact Mrs. Ostashevska: Oksana.Ostashevska@ecsd.net for further details and to sign up. Thank you for your support!
Silent Auction November 19 – 23
School Council’s Online Silent Auction will be taking place in November.
- November 19-20: Sneak peak of the online auction items
- November 21-23: Online bidding opens up on Wednesday November 21st at 12:00 am and remains open until 6:00 pm on Friday November 23rd
- November 23: Items on display at the school from 5:30-6:00 pm to view items in person. Payment & Pick up at MWI from 6:00-8:00pm in conjunction with Family Movie Night
Please refer to the MWI Silent Auction letter 2018 for more details.
Poinsettia and Winter Arrangement Sales
MWI School Council is pleased to offer ‘Festive Winter Arrangements’ for sale. The Festive Winter Arrangements include: Poinsettias, Christmas Planter boxes, Hanging Greenery Boughs and Fresh Wreaths. Orders can be placed online at https://healthyhunger.ca/ until November 23rd. Festive Arrangements pick up will be on December 6th during the MWI Demonstration of Learning between 1:30 – 7:30 pm. Please refer to the following flyer for more information: Poinsettia flyer 2018
Small Foot Family Movie Night – November 23rd
Join us in the MWI Gym on Friday, November 23rd to gather as a community to enjoy the movie, SMALL FOOT!
- Gym Doors open at 5:45
- Movie 6:15-8:00
- Free Admission
- Concession Sales:
- $1.50 for Popcorn & Candy
- $0.50 Water Bottles & Hot Chocolate
Subway Hot Lunch- orders due by November 25
Order hot lunch at https://healthyhunger.ca before November 25th. Subway lunch will take place on November 30th.
School Council Meeting
The next School Council meeting is coming up on Tuesday, November 27 at 7:00 pm in the art room. If you have any items for the agenda, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, November 20th. In order to have adequate time and preparation for the meeting, it is very important to have your items added in advance. Thank you!
Upcoming Events/Important Dates:
- November 19- 23: School Council Silent Auction
- November 21: Photo retakes
- November 23: Family Movie Night
- November 30: Healthy Hunger- Subway lunch (order deadline: Nov. 25th)
- November 27: School Council Meeting @ 7:00 pm
- December 6: Mingle Jingle/Demo of Learning (1:30 – 4:30 pm; 5:30 – 7:30 pm)
- December 10: Christmas Concerts-French Immersion (performances at 1:30 pm & 6:30 pm)
- December 11: Christmas Concerts-English (performances at 1:30 pm & 6:30 pm)
- December 20: Full day of school
- December 21: Early dismissal